Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG500 Switch Putting QoS Traffic in Wrong Queue

Kentauroi4455
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running into an issue where our switch (SG500-52P) doesn't seem to be respecting the DSCP tags on the packets we've setup for Teams.

As per Teams' recommendation we've setup a GPO that tags Teams traffic with the appropriate DSCP tag for the type of Teams call (either 46, 34 or 18 IIRC). We've also verified with Wireshark on a local PC that outgoing traffic is being tagged correctly (see attached for example output showing DSCP tag 46). 

However when I connect the laptop directly to the switch and add counters for the QoS statistics on the port I'm connected to, I'm seeing some traffic getting put into queue 3 constantly (regardless of if I'm on a call or not) but when making a teams call I'm not seeing any counters putting traffic in queue 4 or 2. Since our DSCP to Queue settings are set to default, the audio data should be put into queue 4 instead of 1 or 3 but for some reason it doesn't seem to be respecting the DSCP marking even though it's been set as "Trust Mode: DSCP" in the QoS Basic Mode Global Settings (note that under QoS->General->QoS Properties the QoS Mode is set to Basic).

Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? I'm assuming this is the cause of my Teams issues as I'd guess it's just putting all our Teams traffic in Queue 1 where it only gets Best Effort...

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: