Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Sup720 not able to boot

Faisal Imdad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working on Cisco 6505 with Supervisor 720. I was playing arround with configreg and some how deleted or corrupted my IOS Image. Now When switch on my Switch its goint to Rommon mode. I downloaded image in flash disk(disk0). When I tried to boot from that image its giving following error

rommon 11 > dir disk0:

Initializing ATA monitor library...

Directory of disk0:

2      49141220  -rw-     s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SXH2.bin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rommon 10 > boot disk0:s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SXH2.bin

Loading image, please wait ...

Initializing ATA monitor library...

*** TLB (Load/Fetch) Exception ***

Access address = 0x0

PC = 0x0, Cause = 0x8, Status Reg = 0x30409003

monitor: command "boot" aborted due to exception

I dont know what is this Error about. Can anybody help me. I need that sup up ASAP.

Many thankd in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Try these 2 steps

1. This issue can be caused by a software image with a bad checksum. Re-download the Cisco IOS Software image from the TFTP server.

2. If a re-download does not resolve the issue, format the Flash card and re-download the Cisco IOS Software image.

Here is the doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a00801751d7.shtml

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Try these 2 steps

1. This issue can be caused by a software image with a bad checksum. Re-download the Cisco IOS Software image from the TFTP server.

2. If a re-download does not resolve the issue, format the Flash card and re-download the Cisco IOS Software image.

Here is the doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a00801751d7.shtml

HTH

Thanks Reza,

I formated the flsh card and reloaded the IOS image. Its working fine now.

Thanks again

Glad to help Faisal

Thanks for the rating

Reza

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card