cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch 3750 - Voice VLAN for IP Phones is not working on Interface Gigabit-Ethernet port

Hi Cisco Experts,

I have an issue that in Cisco 3750 Switch, that Voice VLAN 800 for IP Phones is working on interface Fastethernet port but not working on gigabitethernet port(no lights on IP Phones via POE). Only the Data VLAN is working on Gigabitethernet port but not for Voice VLAN 800. Please see below config. Is there any way to make this work? 

VLAN 101 - DATA

VLAN 800- Voice

MHI-PS-Fifth-Floor#sh run int gig 2/0/3
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 355 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet2/0/3
switchport access vlan 101
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 800
speed 1000
srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20
queue-set 2
priority-queue out
mls qos trust device cisco-phone
mls qos trust cos
auto qos voip cisco-phone
spanning-tree portfast
service-policy input AutoQoS-Police-CiscoPhone
end

Thank you in advance.

Erwin

18 Replies 18

No, Cisco 6941 works fine but I bought a new Cisco 6945 has it has a gig port that needs some of our users. The Cisco 6945 still REJECTED after I reset factory the phone.

I understand that the 6941 works fine. My question is do you have a 6945 configured in CUCM with the correct MAC address?  Usually a status of rejected means that the phone is not the correct type: e.g. a phone is actually model XXXX, but it's configured in CUCM as a YYYY phone model.

Hi Mike,

I get now what you mean. The Phone Button Template I am using for Cisco 6945 is a Standard 6941 SCCP Template. Do I need to create a new Phone Button Template for 6945 to match to the Call Manager?

Ok,, the fact that you are putting a 6945's MAC address in CUCM as a 6941 is definitely the reason you are getting the rejected status.

You need to remove that phone from CUCM completely.  Then re-add it by going to Device>Phone>Add New and choosing the phone type of 6945 instead of 6941.  You can create a Phone Template if you'd like, but it's not required.  You can just add the phone from Device>Phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card