Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco switch - show only "Total output drops"

Atomic_delta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for a way to filter the show interfaces command. I only want to know the port number/name and the total output drops info for those ports because of the high discard rate on port 63 (so says Microsoft SCOM). I dont know what port could that be since we have Cisco Catalyst 3650 48 Port switch.

Maybe another question: how do you detected a high discard rate on a switch?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
show interface | include protocol is up|Total output drop

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
show interface | include protocol is up|Total output drop

Hi Leo Laohoo,

I have never gotten a faster answer on some forum that yours now thanks. That works exactly like expected.

Have a great day!

HAHAHAHA

All good!

Hello,

--> Maybe another question: how do you detected a high discard rate on a switch?

For the second part of your question, you could use an EEM script. In the example below, you would get a syslog message and an email if the out drops on the interface specified exceed 250:

event manager applet OUTPUT_DROPS authorization bypass
event interface name GigabitEthernet 1/0/1 parameter output_packets_dropped entry-op ge entry-val 250 poll-interval 1 entry-type value
action 1.0 cli command "enable"
action 2.0 cli command "term length 0"
action 3.0 syslog msg "Detecting high output drop rate on interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1"
action 4 mail server "$_email_server" to "$_email_to" from "$_email_from" subject "$_event_pub_time: Output drops on interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1" body "$_syslog_msg"
action 5.0 end

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card