Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switches 9500 esstential licenses can be stack

kick534
Beginner
Beginner

Hi team

I have 2 X 6807 Cisco Switches in VSS as a Core

we purchased for distribution 2 X Cisco 9500 switches with essential licenses ( now with essential licenses 9500 series switches i cannot configure Stack-wise virtual link )

please advise how we can make high availability between core to distribution

distribution 9500 series switches what should i configure so they can have HA with Core switches

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CAt 9500 only can be done with Stackwise virtual - as you mentioned License is the limitation.

You can do other way is Make it Layer 3 Distribution, so Access layer can peer with Distribution using OSPF or EIGRP ( again Look at the License).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

distribution 2 X Cisco 9500 series i will use FHRP any protocol to connect with core switch.

from distribution Cisco 9500 series how can i make redundant link to Access layer please explain ??

You need to run between 2 X  9500 - OSPF or EIGRP your choice, i prefer OSPF

Access switch - 2 Uplink, 1  go to Switch 1 9500 and 2 uplink go to switch 2 9500 - run OSPF between Dist and Access switch, OSPF can take care of routing equal cost and failover.

Layer 3 SVI for user VLAN in Access switch, this is a standard 3 tier setup.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-campus-lan-wlan-design-guide.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: