Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switches Configuration Conversion Tool

jahanzaib amin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I would like to know that is there any tool which can help us to convert old Catlayst 2950 configurations to the leatest ios

configuration like Catalyst 2960. In fact I have a Catalyst 2950 which is fully configured with set base commands and

now need to replace this switch with newest catalyst WS-C2960-48 psl.

I hear that there is some Cisco Tool through which we can change the old configuration with the new IOS base configuration.

But so far I didnt find on Cisco and Search enginer.

Thanks,

Amin

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is little difference between a 2950 and a 2960.  A 2960 is just a newer version of the old 2950.  Other than maybe the interface numbers most of the old config should cut and paste into the 2960 .   There may be some differances if you  had any COS or QOS commands otherwise most should be the ssame .

Hello,

Correction from my side that Switch Model is " WS-C2980G-A Software, Version NmpSW: 6.3(7)" and all

commands started with SET and there is big difference in WS2980G-A Software and WS-C2960 48TCL.

Is There any Cisco Tool to convert WS-C2980G-A Software, switch configuration to IOS base WS-C2960 48PTL?

Amin

jahanzaib amin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Correction from my side that Switch Model is " WS-C2980G-A Software, Version NmpSW: 6.3(7)" and all

commands started with SET and there is big difference in WS2980G-A Software and 2960 48TCL.

Is There any Cisco Tool to convert WS-C2980G-A Software, switch configuration to IOS base WS-C2960 48PTL?

Jahanzaib Amin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: