cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco switches that can remove VLAN 0 802.1p tags?

archerious
Level 1
Level 1

I have AT&T Fiber and use wpa_supplicant on my router to auth using 802.1x Keys I ripped from a NVG589 AT&T gateway.

The issue I have is I have to use a crappy consumer TP-link switch to remove the 802.1p tags, since my Mikrotik and Aruba switches can't seem to do this without using software/cpu to do it.

I was wondering which Cisco switches can simply do this for me without resorting to software bridging?

Threads that might help if I make little sense or am asking something stupid: https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=154954&p=793169#p791860

EDIT:

Network looks like this: ONT --> Tp-Link switch --> Router running wpa_supplicant/Dot1X client --> regular switches  --> APs.

I want to remove the Tp-Link switch and use a Cisco switch that I can trust as sometimes the tp-link randomly powers off among other things since it's consumer grade trash.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card