Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco switching

Pravin Pillai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 3750E-48PD new switch which was added at access layer. We have configured it for connection to end user ports. However, upon final configuration completion, I am able to telnet into the switch but not able to SSH into it.

When i telnet into the switch from the connected core switch, I get a login banner and prompt for username & password: it takes in local u/n, pwd and i get access to the device but when I try to ssh into the switch - all I get is the login banner and screen freezes and there is no action/ no prompt

Configuration under line vty is

line vty 0 4

password 7 *****

login local

Also, i have set local username and password, enabled ip ssh , time-out value and retry.. Configuartion has no aaa new-model and rsa key generation crypto key generate rsa general-keys modulus 1024

Any comments to solve this?

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you configured all the required SSH paramters and created the crypto keys ?  also add  transport input ssh under the vty .

Yes. crypto keys generated.. also transport input ssh configured under line commands

I would recreate the Crypto keys first.

Then reload the switch if that doesn't work.

The fact you get a login banner when using SSH to connect means that its configured correctly.

Mark Jensen
Level 1
Level 1

Under the line vty 0 4 put in transport input ssh then try it.   I always use a serial cable as well as network access in case it doesn't work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco