cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WS-3650-FS EOL

jtrimmer62
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting ready to order some new switches for our organization. I called sales at Cisco and enquired about the differences between the WS-3650-FS-E, WS-3650-FS-S and the WS-3650-FS-L which I still don't know the answer to. The lady told me the Cisco 3650-FS has reached EOL and tried to point me toward the 3850. When I look at EOL information on the 3650 it all has to do with the IOS running on the switch. I can find nothing on the switch itself. All this is very confusing. Can someone help me out?

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can still order 3650s but they have been on the market for a few years now and could go EOL in the next couple of years.. That said, if you are purchasing new switches, look at the 9300 series as they are much newer than 3650s.

data sheet:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/nb-06-cat9300-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco