Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco WS-C4506

sanjeevmahadani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I have one cisco WS-C4506 with bootflash:cat4000-i5k91s-mz.122-20.EWA4.bin configured for multiple VLAN's.

Users are connected for VLAN-10, and I have 3 Mbps internet bandwidth for the users, I am getting MRTG from ISP that my all lines are chowcked, ppl are downloding too much, hence pls. suggest any commands to enable on Cisco 4500, so i can find the culprit to restrict the user from downloding or streeming.,

Pls. suggest as much so i can handle this well.

Reg

Sanjeev

5 Replies 5

Vignesh Rajendran Praveen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sanjeev,

You can configure Netflow on the device & use the "show ip cache flow" command to see which flow is downloading or uploading beyond a limit. Kindly find the link below which describes Netflow on Cisco 4500 device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/20ew/configuration/guide/nfswitch.html#wp1006442

***********Plz do rate this post if you found it helpful*************************

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

Thanks for quick reply Dear,

I agree your concern but it's saying we need NetFlow Services Card (WS-F4531) or the

Supervisor Engine V-10GE.

regards

Yes Netflow on the Cat 4k with older supervisor requires the add-on card or Supervisor upgrade. Netflow is definitely the best tool for the job though

Do you control the upstream router (towards the ISP?) if you can do a flow export from there, that would be ideal. You might be able to get your provider to send exports to you for analysis if they control it.

You'll need to fire up an analyzer like ntop (open-source) or SolarWinds NTA (licensed but free trial or realtime analyzer available)

Thanks Dear,

Wt will happen if we enable ip accounting....?????

reg

sanjeev

Sanjeev,

IP Accounting just display the source and destination and incrementing packets for the last 5 minutes.

With NetFlow, you can export this information to a collector and archive it for later viewing.

Please take a moment and read the link I provided. It shows you sample configs that you can follow, how the output should look and troubleshooting section.

Please refer the below link for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/netflow/configuration/guide/onf_bcf.html

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card