Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco WS-C4510R+E (MPC8572)

bhusebye
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am wondering on this switch cisco WS-C4510R+E (MPC8572) can the cards on the right side of the chassis bus area be changed out?  Or are they programmed to be bound to the slot/chassis they come from?  See how the one on the top is burnt by the voltage regulator?  I have another pic of how this was avoided in the future by Cisco placing a ring around these cards or they were trying to ground this card to keep the bus from failing.  We recently ran up against a bus message in which we have to change the chassis out and it made me wonder.  But we do not have 2 chassis side by side to experiment with.redesigned.backplane.jpg

backplane.jpg

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Cisco usually takes the feedback from the customers and TAC tickets to improve their products. So, they could have made improvement in the bus hardware if for example they had a lots of tickets regarding bus errors. That said, most of the 4500 Sups are going EOL now or soon as the 9400 is the replacement.

HTH

I understand, but I would still liked to know.  Seems I spy 2 like parts on the same card from AT on the backplane, cant be sure though, I will know by the time I replace this last bad chassis.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card