cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

cisco WS-C4510R+E (MPC8572)

Greetings,

I am wondering on this switch cisco WS-C4510R+E (MPC8572) can the cards on the right side of the chassis bus area be changed out?  Or are they programmed to be bound to the slot/chassis they come from?  See how the one on the top is burnt by the voltage regulator?  I have another pic of how this was avoided in the future by Cisco placing a ring around these cards or they were trying to ground this card to keep the bus from failing.  We recently ran up against a bus message in which we have to change the chassis out and it made me wonder.  But we do not have 2 chassis side by side to experiment with.redesigned.backplane.jpg

backplane.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Expert

Re: cisco WS-C4510R+E (MPC8572)

Hi,

Cisco usually takes the feedback from the customers and TAC tickets to improve their products. So, they could have made improvement in the bus hardware if for example they had a lots of tickets regarding bus errors. That said, most of the 4500 Sups are going EOL now or soon as the 9400 is the replacement.

HTH

Highlighted
Beginner

Re: cisco WS-C4510R+E (MPC8572)

I understand, but I would still liked to know.  Seems I spy 2 like parts on the same card from AT on the backplane, cant be sure though, I will know by the time I replace this last bad chassis.

Content for Community-Ad