cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO7609-S, WS-X6148A-GE-TX shape average command is not supported in output direction

Hi  experts.

i have problem that is WS-X6148A-GE-TX cannot config the shape,

when i do the config as below:

7609(config)#int gi9/40.1100
7609(config-subif)#service-policy output MAP
shape average command is not supported in output direction for this interface configuration failed!
7609(config-subif)#

show run int gi9/40.1100
 encapsulation dot1Q 1100
 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.252
end

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
3 Replies 3

Hello,

the WS-X6148A-GE-TX is an EoL/EoS linecard that doesn't support shaping...

HI George:

thanks for your repsonse!
Is there any Documents for explain to WS-X6148A-GE-TX don't support shaping?

I think I can explain as follows:

1、 WS-X6148A-GE-TX is a Gigabit Switch Module
2、When we use switch module to config Qos,we actually use PFC QoS,and we can refer to the following figure:
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/i/100001-200000/120001-130000/120001-121000/120559.ps/_jcr_content/renditions/120559.jpg
3、PFC QoS does not support shaping
we can refer to this:
Overview of Policers

Policing allows you to rate limit incoming and outgoing traffic so that it adheres to the traffic forwarding rules defined by the QoS configuration. Sometimes these configured rules for how traffic should be forwarded through the system are referred to as a contract. If the traffic does not adhere to this contract, it is marked down to a lower DSCP value or dropped.

Policing does not buffer out-of-profile packets. As a result, policing does not affect transmission delay. In contrast, traffic shaping works by buffering out-of-profile traffic, which moderates the traffic bursts. (PFC QoS does not support shaping.)

The PFC supports both ingress and egress PFC QoS, which includes ingress and egress policing. Traffic shaping is supported on some WAN modules.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/7600/ios/12-2SR/configuration/guide/swcg/qos.html

So this operation cannot be implemented,do you think it?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card