cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks will not erase Flash on 3750 stack

wruppel
Level 1
Level 1

I created an IOS upgrade job using CiscoWorks. When the job got to the part of erasing the flash it failed. Any idea why?

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Normally their is enough room in flash for 2 images if that is the case normally it won't erase flash unless it needs the room .

adnan.zafar
Level 1
Level 1

Why you use CiscoWorks when you have CLI mode ( I know GUI is better then CLI but i prefer CLI mode) any ways just go to CLI mode

1) If IOS is corrupted then download the flash using TFTPDNLD command ( for that you must connected to Router/Switch with Ethernet port)

2) If IOS is not corrupted and you are upgrading then just write this command in global mode and follow the steps

router#copy tftp flash

P.S Note that i'ant degrading you i just gave these things just for your helping purpose

Hope this may helps you

ciscoworks is network management tool used to manage and upgrade code for large amounts of cisco gear , its not really a GUI interface for manageing the box though it has a component for doing that if you want . I would use ciscoworks too if you have a large amount to upgrade across your network . Don't have an anser to the 3750 problem haven't tried upgrading those yet .

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card