cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CNA 6.2 and IE-5000-16S12P

howie4ccna
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CNA 6.2 and all was good with the following switches.

IE-2000 (x25) switches, 2960-x (x3) switches and IE-3000(x 3) switches all playing nice.

Found out that Cisco mis-advertised/represented the capabilities of the IE3000 (No EDS File for creating tags) although this is an "Industrial Switch"

Took about 4 weeks to convince them of this fact because of course all doc's say that it can/does support EDS, but this has been proven FALSE! Even had me upgrade/down grade software checking for the EDS file....Not there period.

So, we are swapping out these IE3000 and going with IE5000. However, even tho all documents that I can find say that CNA can manage this switch, it cannot ("un-supported device").

So...more mis-direction from Cisco. Twice in as many months. Not a happy camper with Cisco.

When will these switches IE-5000-16S12P be supported in CNA, considering the documentation states that it already DOES??

Link that also states this fact:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/cisco_ie5000/software/release/15-2_2_eb/configuration/guide/scg-ie5000/swintro.pdf

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card