cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command to enable "Service module reset on error" - Cisco 881WG

mark.davisson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use the 881WG in a vehicle (patiently waiting for a "hardened" version to do the same) and it appears the wlan-ap service module is hanging - possibly due to vibration, software bug, other?

The only way to recover is to reset the service module. When this is done, the AP rejoins the WLC controller until it gets back into the "failed" state.

My question is:

• Would enabling "reset on error" possibly help with recovery when the service-module goes into "failed" state? Does anyone know how to enable this in IOS?
  • Is anyone aware of any issues with C880 15.1(1)T2 that may be causing this?
  • Are there any debugging options on the service-module or the Wlan-GigabitEthernet0 interface that would be useful to gather more information?

Many thanks,

Mark

1 Reply 1

dredwine123
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem.  The wlan-ap0 will just not stay running.  I sometimes have to reset it 3-5 times before it will come back on line.  It will run for between 15 minutes and an hour or so, then shutdown again.  I have about 25 wifi hosts and about 15 wired hosts on the lan side of the router.

anyone know how to get the 881w wlan-ap0 service module to STAY out of failed state?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card