cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Commands to Identify which servers are communicating, data transferring and ports

TCCS TCS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

We have environment where we have the core switch on Cisco nexus 7000 connected to server farm and it has below mentioned server subnets,

On Core

server - 172.16.101.x. - Apps Type X

server - 172.16.102.x - Database

server - 172.16.103.x - Apps Type Y

My questions - Which commands I can use to identify which servers are communicating, data transferring and using ports on above mentioned subnets?? where do I need run these commands?

We have campus switch Cisco 4500 switch which has end users coming from below subnets.

End users - 192.168.10.x - End users

Users coming from remote - 172.20.20.x

My questions - Which commands I can use to identify which subnets from above subnets are communicating, data transferring and using ports for server subnets?? where do I need run these commands?

Kindly help with commands

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You can use "show interface x/x" and monitor the input and output rates of any specific interface. If you have a monitoring system, you can also use that to see the amount of bandwidth (tx/rx) on one or multiple interfaces. 

HTH 

Thank you Reza.

The servers are the VMware virtual machines. Can you assist on this further as the VMs will not be physically connected to switches???

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card