cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

compatibility between nxos 5.2.(4) and epld 5.2(3)

Riccardo Romani
Level 1
Level 1

we have to upgrade to nxos 5.2(4) but i cannot find same image for epld , i only see a downlable image with version 5.2(3).

Do you see any problem if we upgrade kick and system image to 5.2(4) with epld 5.2(3)?

3 Replies 3

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Riccardo,

Yes, it is compatible and Epld 5.2(3) is the latest available. The version numbers of epld and NX-OS does not necessarily have to match.

By the following link you can see a note "Cisco NX-OS Release 5.2(4) and Release 5.2(3a) do not include new EPLD images":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/release/notes/52_nx-os_release_note.html#wp336429

Kind Regards,
Ivan

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Riccardo Romani
Level 1
Level 1

thanks very much for your reply.

Another question :

As we have a couple of nexus 7010 with dual supervisor in each boxes , can we make the epld upgrade for all modules without destroy the traffic? Can I start the epld upgrade from standby supervisor and then make the switchover and redo all steps from the other supervisor now in standby?

Welcome, Riccardo. Appreciate if you could rate useful posts!

About epld upgrade - you can upgrade the EPLD images for an I/O module or standby supervisor module while the system is operational. So, upgrading supervisors can be done without affect to services.

But upgrading EPLD images for an online I/O module can disrupt traffic going through that module.

Here is the proceduire:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_0/epld/release/notes/epld_rn.html#wp45025

Kind Regards,
Ivan

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card