Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration on cisco 1924 switch.

jarar_m01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Can any one help me with notes on how to configure ports of 1924 switch with different vlans on different ports.

I find these 2 options.

1. Menu

2. IP Configurations 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

these are very old switches eol since 2002

Try this

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/configuring-the-cisco-catalyst-1900-switch/

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

these are very old switches eol since 2002

Try this

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/configuring-the-cisco-catalyst-1900-switch/

Thank you Mark, Bu the problem is in this I only get  2 options... However everythign in vlan 1 works fine... But i need to configure some ports in Vlan 2 aswell.. Any suggestions ?

1 user(s) now active on Management Console.

User Interface Menu

[M] Menus
     [I] IP Configuration

Enter Selection:

not familiar with these , what do you get when you select either of those options

I get Port configurations and stuff but no where it says i can assign vlan 2. However, i tried to connect it to my network and its working without me assigning any vlan or trunk ports... The uplink (trunk) is passing all vlans and its all fine... i m still curious how does it work.... Strange....

Hi

Yes that's odd it just worked maybe there is something preprogrammed to support tagging from another switch , from the doc I found below

"The first thing you should notice is that there is not really any configuration on the switch. However, when you connect a switch, it will work in your network without any configuration—a feature that allows you to replace your hubs with switches easily."

I wouldn't do this now its working but you could factory reset it and it should provide you with the other 2 options your missing , if it stops at least you could try it that way you could get into cli through K in the menu

[M] Menus
     [K] Command Line
     [I] IP Configuration
     [P] Console Password

Well I will leave it as it is , As it is working now... However i m not sure if it will give me these options as the version i am using is 8.0 and these options are for 9.0 enterprise IOS... I will check by resetting if it still gives problem or replace it with a new switch may be 2960S will do :)

thank you soo much for your help Mark.

Thank your for your support Mark i appreciate it :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card