cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configurations won't save

Todd Vohs
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SG300-28P and a SF200-24P connected via LAG Group.  SG300 routes.  I also have 2 VC240 IP Cameras.  They are connected on ports 18 and 19 on the SF300.  If I lose power, reboot or anything that makes the switches restart, the configuration is not saved.  I know this by the fact that after a reboot, ports 18 and 19 are placed in VLAN 4 Untagged.  If I put them back in VLAN 2 Untagged, save the configuration and reboot, they are placed back in VLAN 4 Untagged.

I read something on here about firmware the other night from my iPad so today, I upgraded both switches to the latest firmware, 1.2.7.76.  After the update, I could not access the IP Cams.  I went back into the configuration and they were in VLAN 4 Untagged.  I once again put them in VLAN 2 Untagged, saved the configuration and rebooted.  They went back to VLAN 4UP.

There was previous discussion also about xml version of files or something and that a factory reset and setting the switch up from scratch would take care of it.  I cannot do this, I am a seed corn salesman.  Is there a simpler way?  Like saving the config to TFTP and then uploading it after factory reset?  There is LLDP settings for my IP Phones too that if I lost them, I would have no idea how to regenerate them to make my switch work again.  Cisco tech support had issues with it when I first got them and they set it up via remote session so I am lost beyond this.  I just know that I cannot keep going into the switches to change settings and not have them saved.  I lose my security cameras and video recording.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd.

Thanks, Todd Vohs Owner Holstein Ag Services, LLC
1 Reply 1

Todd Vohs
Level 1
Level 1

Going backwards - was trying to telnet into the SF300-24P (the SG300-28P works fine with Telnet and SSH) and cannot do either.  Thought I would use the console port to issue the 'ip ssh server' and 'ip telnet server' commands.  No console.  Put the console cable to the SG300-28P and it works just fine @ 115200, n,8,1.  Move to the SF300 and nothing.  Rebooted it with the console cable in and everything comes up fine to the point where it prompts for User: and hangs.  The switch is working fine from the rest of the network, just cannot access it outside of the GUI, which is limited.  I am just trying to copy the running-config to a TFTP server in case I have to reload from scratch.  I got the config off the SG300-28P just fine.

Thanks, Todd Vohs Owner Holstein Ag Services, LLC
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card