cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure VLAN's on Catalyst 3500XL Series Switche - Can't add fastethernet interfaces to tagged VOICE VLAN + DATA VLAN

RenatoAL
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I currently have my hands around Catalyst  3500XL Series Switche as i mentioned in the tittle however i can't seem to add a fastethernet port/interface to my DATA VLAN (normal one) and a tagged voice vlan at the same time!

I'm not sure if the voice vlan is tagged as i don't know how to check if it is.

I've heard CDP may be a problem but i haven't found how to check it either.

This is my current lab setup

Capture.PNGPlease share your thoughts and guide! I can provide additinal information if needed.

Have a nice day and happy holydays

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...

>i can't seem to add a fastethernet port/interface to my DATA VLAN (normal one) and a tagged voice vlan at the same time!

- How are toy trying to do that ? Which errors are observed ? etc....

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello

@RenatoAL wrote

I currently have my hands around Catalyst  3500XL Series Switche as i mentioned in the tittle however i can't seem to add a fastethernet port/interface to my DATA VLAN (normal one) and a tagged voice vlan at the same time!

Make sure the interface is a switchport.

int fax/x

switchport

switchort mode access
switchport access vlan xx
switchport voice vlan xxx

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

CDP could be the issue. It will need to be enabled to allow both VLANS through the access port.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card