Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Cisco Switch IE-1000 VOICE VLAN

abdulrhman_bm
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am struggling to find out how to configure Voice Vlan on cisco Switch IE-1000, it is  mandatory for our operation, as we have one port and we need to connect the phone as well as the data port. looking for your support and ideas. Thanks 

Active Image
------------
Image : ie1000-universalk9-mz.SPA.1.8.2.bin (primary)
Version : 1.8.2#2020-08-13T23:48:09+00:00
Date : 2020-07-07T13:22:58+05:30
Upload filename : ie1000-universalk9-mz.SPA.1.8.2.bin

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per the below reference thread :

you can use hybrid or traditional way switch port access voice and data (kindly test and feedback)

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/ie-1000/td-p/3335060

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am having this issue as well, we have an 8845 going through an IE1000, I set the port it's plugged into to access the voice vlan. It gets a correct address but does not register. This is in an environment that has all normal IOS gear with ACLs and specified voice vlans on interface configs. This switch not having the full CLI is infuriating to say the least, as I know this would work if I could just configure ports like any other switch. I don't understand the the "hybrid" admin mode on the switch ports, should it be access, hybrid or what?

We're able to ping the call manager from the PC hooked up through the phone (which is on the same VLAN as the phone because you can't just specify a "voice vlan"). I'd like to speak with the genius that had the idea for a GUI ONLY Cisco switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card