cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring multicast in 350x-10

rlkcpo
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to this forum so please forgive any missteps I may make as I get used to the rules and etiquette. 

I just purchased two 350x-10s for a private network I am building. Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

Switch 1- I want to exclude any multicast traffic on this switch. I tried configuring this from the CLI in the interface

-configure

-interface vlan 1

-storm-control multicast level 0 <--unrecognized command

I also tried from the Web Interface

-Security->storm control -> edit 

- Enable Multicast <-- The minimum you can enter here is 1. So at this point the switch is still processing up to 1kb/s of multicast packets correct? I could also do it as a % of total throughput, but again the minimum is 1 when the desired outcome is 0 packets in, and 0 packets out. 

Switch 2 - I would like to create 4 separate VLANs on this switch with 2 ports on each. Each VLAN should be isolated from the others. However I only want to allow multicast traffic to a specific group (224.1.1.1) to be allowed through each VLAN. Would an ACL be useful here? To be more specific, the multicast group should leave the switch, not internally be routed to another device in a different VLAN on the switch even if that device is subscribed to that group.

Any help in answering these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

rlkcpo
Level 1
Level 1

I hate to bump my own post, but I am still trying to find answers to these questions. Any help would be really appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card