cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring QoS on C3560 and C2960 for use with Avaya IP phones

Shaun Michelson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a QoS noob and looking for some help with troublshooting QoS. Having some issues with call quality on new Avaya IP phones. We have several C3560s and one C2960 switch. All of my "problem" phones seem to be isolated to the ones connected to my C2960.

I ran the "auto qos voip trust" command on all of my switch interfaces, including the trunk interfaces that connect the switches to one another. Here is a sample access interface config (from the 2960):

switchport access vlan 2

switchport mode access

switchport voice vlan 5

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 30 35 5

queue-set 2

priority-queue out

mls qos trust cos

auto qos trust

spanning-tree portfast

and sample trunk interface config:

switchport mode trunk

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 30 35 5

queue-set 2

priority-queue out

mls qos trust cos

auto qos trust

However, I noticed that some settings on the 2960 are different than the 3560s. For example, on the 2960 the interfaces are configured with "srr-queue bandwidth share 1 30 35 5", while the switch interfaces on the 3560s are all configured with "srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20". So first question is, should these values be the same on all switch interfaces and could this mismatch be causing my call quality problems?

Also, one of the 3560 switches has all interfaces configured with "srr-queue bandwidth shape 10 0 0 0" while the others do not. Could this represent a problem?

Finally, the global QoS settings on the 2960 are different than the settings on the 3560s. There are "mls qos srr-queue input bandwidth" settings on the 3560s that are not specified on the 2960,  the "mls qos srr-queue input cos-map queue" settings on the 2960 are different from the 3560s, etc. Could these mismatched settings be causing a problem?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card