cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring SG500-52

jerideidson
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems connecting with terminal emulation to my cisco SG500-52 switch. I have reset the switch to factory settings, reconnected serial cable, and restarted emulation session. I am not even receiving a prompt to log in, the switch boots up normally and has been operational. The line that the boot stops at is:

%SYSLOG-N-LOGGING: Logging started.

I have also tried logging in with the default IP address 192.168.1.254, no luck with this either.

Attatched is a screen shot of the terminal session. Any help would be great thank you.

3 Replies 3

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

Did you ever get this resolved? I am seeing a similar issue.

Mike

I did not ever find a resolution to this problem. Sat on it for about a week and still no luck. I did purchase a SG500-52P but I have not tried a terminal session with it yet. I will keep you updated if something new comes up.

It looks like you have two switches in stack mode and connected your serial cable to unit 2?  As I recall, you can only use the serial cable on unit 1.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: