Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect 2 Nexus switches to other 2 switches

aconticisco
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

When connecting a host with 2 ports to 2 nexus switches the ports are added to a port-channel and the port-channel is added to a vpc

Now when connecting 2 nexus switches to another 2 switches (other nexus model or other switches), does the same apply? (should a vpc be created?) Want to have a trunk between the Nexus and the 2 other switches.

Thanks 

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If i understand correctly you like to establish Port-channle between NExus and Traditional Switch (which do support vPC)

yes you can have normal port-channel also in traditional way, if you connecting non-vPC devices.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Right ok so on the nexus side do I just setup 2 interfaces as part of the port-channel, no vpc needed?

If you intent to deploy traditional port-channel. Look at the page number 46

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/design/vpc_design/vpc_best_practices_design_guide.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you that is helpful, I think there will only be one cable out from each nexus but this confirms that port-channel and vpc should be setup on Nexus side

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card