cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect SF302-08P to Catalyst 3750

rmavis
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use a SF302-08P switch to connect a conference phone (Cisco 7937) to my infrastructure.  I connected the G2 port on the SF302 to a Gig copper port on the Catalyst.  I configured both ports as trunked ports and port e1 on the SF302 as an access port for the phone.  VLAN 1 is the default VLAN and VLAN 10 for voice.  However, the phone does not connect to the Call Manager.  I have changed the configurations on the G2 trunked port and the ethernet port (trunked ports, general ports, tagged and untagged).  I have also changed the configuration on the Ethernet port (general, access, trunk, set it on the default VLAN, in the voice VLAN, etc.)  The SF302 connects to the Catalyst, and PCs connect OK.  any ideas are appreciated.

thank you

Raul

5 Replies 5

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

how are you getting an IP address to the phone?

is the phone static IP?

is the switch providing DHCP?

is DHCP being provided by server on network?

The Call Managers provides DHCP services for the phone.  I have separate DHCP servers for the rest of the LAN equipment.

do you have option 150 set on the L3 switch top point to CUCM?

Yes

jonlsmith
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue getting the SF-302 SW version 1.3.0.62 to connect to Enterprise Cisco switches.

I am getting trunking set, but then when I display the trunking it is coming up in "Capabilities: Switch IGMP", I cannot determine how to get this set to come up int DOT1Q trunking as I need to do.

We have older version of SF-302 that another staff member got setup to trunk correctly with Enterprise switches, but he has since left, and I have not been able to determine how he got this accomplished.

I have not been able to find any reference on Cisco Web site or others on how to turn on DOT1Q trunking on these switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: