cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting 2*3750x using C3KX-NM-1G= /GLC-LH-SM= with SC connector

amardram123
Level 1
Level 1

I am refreshing two 3550x switches with new 3750x switches. these swicthes are in two DC and distance between these DC is more then half miles.

correntely 3550 swicthes are connected with Single mode fiber and SC connector.

Can i use 3750x with C3KX-NM-1G= module with GLC-LH-SM=  using existing SC connector ?

Thanks

Amar

16 Replies 16

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The C3KX-NM-1G= module take LC type connector.  So, yes you can use this module, but your fiber patch cord needs to LC to LC (Single Mode) instead of SC to SC.

You also need to order SFPs.

here is the part number for the SFP

GLC-LH-SM

HTH

I am using GLC-LH-SM= these are SFP transceiver right..!!  do i need any additional HW?

Currently MTRJ being used on the fiber patch panel..

Thanks,

Amar

I am using GLC-LH-SM= these are SFP transceiver right..!! 

correct

do i need any additional HW?

no

If you have to use the MTRJ patch panel to connect these switches together, then your fiber patch cords need to be MTRJ to LC

If you are going directly between the switches then you need LC to LC.

HTH

Hi,

i found C3KX-NM-10G= instead of C3KX-NM-1G= in our warehouse,, can i still use GLC-LH-SM= transceiver ? does C3KX-NM-10G= support GLC-LH-SM= transceiver ?

Thanks,

Amar deep

does C3KX-NM-10G= support GLC-LH-SM= transceiver ?

No, it does not.

HTH

So are you saying it doesn't support even if we are using C3KX-NM-10G= for 1 Gig (gig1/1/1 -4) connection..?

Thanks,

Amar

No, that is is 10Gig module and you can only use 10Gig SFP with it and not 1Gig.

Thanks reza,

Could you please advice which module i should use to connect these 3750x 1 gig port seperated more then half miles.. and which connector type is supported ?

Hoping to use SFP-10G-SR= for single mode LC type connector ..!!

Thanks

Amar

or

Cisco SFP-10G-LR

The Cisco 10GBASE-LR Module supports a link length of 10 kilometers on standard single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652)

Thanks

Amar

Could you please advice which module i should use to connect these 3750x 1 gig port seperated more then half miles.. and which connector type is supported ?

Hoping to use SFP-10G-SR= for single mode LC type connector ..!!

One Gig?  The SFP you specify, SFP-10G-SR will NOT work.  This is a 10 Gbps-only fibre optic module.

If you want a 1 Gbps link and at a distance of half-a-mile, then GLC-LH is what you are looking for. 

Confused.. Are you saying that i can use GLC-LH-SM with C3Kx-NM-10g for connecting 1 gig link which are half miles away? and LC connector is supported?

Thanks

Amar deep

Amar,

I am saying all your part numbers are incorrect.

You said you want to connect 1 Gbps, right?

So you buy C35X-NM-1G (your initial thread), next you said "Hoping to use SFP-10G-SR= for single mode".  This will not work because your 3750X expansion module is only for 1 Gbps.

Hi Leo,

May be i canfused you..

let me clear now.. i have below devices in two location seperated by half miles. I need 1 gig fiber connectivity.

location A:

C3750x-24

C3Kx-NM-10g

GLC-LH-SM

LC connector type

location B:

C3750x-24

C3Kx-NM-10g

GLC-LH-SM

LC connector type

Now can anyone confirm above solution will work ? if not can i change sfp part to make it work ?

Ok, that will work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card