Helpful
Replies

Connecting CT8510 to a switch with 10G speed

mariobencic
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon to everyone!

I have a technical question which is this:

I have two AIR-CT8510-100-K9 controllers and I have two WS-C3850-12S switches.

I want to connect one AIR-CT8510-100-K9 with WS-C3850-12S switch and I want to connect them with 10G speed.

I guess that in WS-C3850-12S I must put C3850-NM-2-10G module and CT8510 has two 10G ethernet ports.

I want to ask now: Can I connect them directly with CAT 6A ethernet cable (10 gigabit) or I must connect then with SFP modules? 

If with SFP modules, can I insert in C3850-NM-2-10G a SFP module or it accepts only ethernet cable?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I want to ask now: Can I connect them directly with CAT 6A ethernet cable (10 gigabit) or I must connect then with SFP modules? 

You can connect them using either one of these:

• SFP-H10GB-CU1M
  • SFP-H10GB-CU3M
  • SFP-H10GB-CU5M

Read more HERE.

Be aware the cables have a length of 1 metre, 3 metres and 5 metres.  If you have something to go further, you'll need fibre optic cable (OS2 or OM3/OM4).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can connect them using either one of these:

• SFP-H10GB-CU1M
  • SFP-H10GB-CU3M
  • SFP-H10GB-CU5M

Read more HERE.

Be aware the cables have a length of 1 metre, 3 metres and 5 metres.  If you have something to go further, you'll need fibre optic cable (OS2 or OM3/OM4).

But does the SFP-H10GB-CU3M have SFP+ on each side of cable or no? On the picture I see that they have, but pircures are sometimes not good :)

If they have SFP+, are those SFP+ compatible to connect, one in the back of CT8510 and other in C3850-NM-2-10G?

Thank you!

Ok, I may have given you the wrong information. 

The 8510 will only support SFP-10G-LR or SFP-10G-SR.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: