Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection between Catalyst 6800 series with Catalyst 29xx or 3xxx

Hi All,

I just read one document from Cisco about Catalyst 6800 which state that it can't be used to connect with Catalyst 29xx or 3xxx. The link is below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-40053#Q_Can_you_connect_the_Catalyst_29XX_and_3xxx_Series_switches_to_the_Catalyst_6800_Series_switches

Can anybody clarify about this thing because I am very confuse. The statement is very confusing because it's very general. You can assume either this connection is a tradtional core-access (or distribution) connection or parent-instant access connection (which I am sure this is impossible).

Thanks.

best regards,

Yedi

18 Replies 18

Shawn

Yep, every time i look at how many posts i've made i keep thinking i need to find another hobby

Jon

Well.. I'm glad that I can help keep things interesting!

Feel free to ping me with any other 6800, VSS or Instant Access questions!

Hi Shawn and Hi All,

Thanks for the response and clarification. I am glad that 6800 series still support traditional LAN connection with its older brother 29xx and 3xxx lol. I can't imagine if it can't.

And Shawn, please don't forget to inform us about the QA responses from the live webcast about this thing like Leo has mentioned before

thanks.

best regards,

Yedi

No problem! Thanks for asking & providing an opportunity to clarify!

The Webcast team has already completed the updates to the QA responses... and we are now taking a 2nd look, to be certain that everything is as clear as it can be.

Feel free to ping me for any additional C6800, VSS or Instant Access questions!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card