cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could one of the uplink ports on the C2960C-8TC-L switch be used as a VLAN access port?

Clemens Gruber
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’d like to use 2960C-8TC-L as access switches. They have 8x FE ports (which is fine for our desktop PCs) and 2x GE uplinks. I only need 1 gigabit uplink to connect to our distribution switch and I'd like to use the second GE port for my 2602i access point. Is it possible, to use the second gigabit ("uplink") port from the 2960C-8TC-L not as uplink but as VLAN access port?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Clemens

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ankur Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Clemens,

Yes, you can use the uplink port as a VLAN access port, without any problem. The main difference between the uplink port and the other ports is a dedicated ASIC. Rest everything is same, so you can configure it as access port.

Thanks

"Please rate the post if found useful"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ankur Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Clemens,

Yes, you can use the uplink port as a VLAN access port, without any problem. The main difference between the uplink port and the other ports is a dedicated ASIC. Rest everything is same, so you can configure it as access port.

Thanks

"Please rate the post if found useful"

That's great news, thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: