cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a Network

JoshBar75473
Level 1
Level 1

Create a network in packet tracer and provision.

• Configure the network using 24 port Cisco 2960 switches 
  • Attach each of those routers to their own Internet cloud and configure
  • Attach the routers to a WAN network 
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

in Packet Tracer, the only switch that supports Gigabit to the desktop is the 3560. If that is a requirement, you cannot use the 2960.

Also, do you have instructions on which IP address scheme to use, how many users, how many devices you need to have, and what excactly the below means (do you have to configure QoS):

--> Consider the capacity requirements upstream and configure appropriately for ratios.

What you have is very rudimentary and leaves a lot of free space. Do you have any more detailed instructions ? Where did you get these instructions from ?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello,

in Packet Tracer, the only switch that supports Gigabit to the desktop is the 3560. If that is a requirement, you cannot use the 2960.

Also, do you have instructions on which IP address scheme to use, how many users, how many devices you need to have, and what excactly the below means (do you have to configure QoS):

--> Consider the capacity requirements upstream and configure appropriately for ratios.

What you have is very rudimentary and leaves a lot of free space. Do you have any more detailed instructions ? Where did you get these instructions from ?

I believe 3 desktops, one per switch. Each desktop should support gigabit speed with no specifications for IP scheme. 

thank you

Hello,

I'll see what I can put together...will send it back asap...

thank you.

Hello,

it took a while...attached is what I have come up with. There is a lot going on, I am not sure what your experience level is, but here are the main points:

1. EIGRP is running between Router_1, Router_2, and the Core Switch

2. The Core switch is doing the inter-Vlan routing

3. There are 3 Vlans (one on each access switch)

4. The Core switch functions as DHCP server for all Vlans

5. There is an EtherChannel configured between the access and the distribution switches, in order to achive 1Gig links throughout the entire network

6. All PCs are set to DHCP, so they automatically get their IP address from the DHCP server (the Core Switch)

7. VTP is running on all switches (the Core Switch is the VTP server, the other switches are VTP clients)

8. HSRP is running between Router_1 and Router_2, with Router_1 being the active router with the higher priority and preemption configured

Hello,

do you means the IOS command log ? Looks like once the file is closed, the log is emptied...which means mine is empty.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card