cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cross-stack between 3850 and 2960x

marcs
Level 1
Level 1

Per the title, does anyone know if this is supported?  Two 3850s in one stack, two 2960x's in another stack, and etherchannel between the two stacks?  Sounds like it should be good, but I cannot really find too much documentation on this being supported.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Yes that should work fine.

From memory, PAGP is not supported when creating etherchannels cross stack but LACP and Static Etherchannels work fine. 

What I mean but that is that PAGP will not work if you are wanting to create a single etherchannel using 1 port from stack member 1 and 1 port from stack member 2 in each stack.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Yes, as also mentioned by "Devils Advocate", it should work.  However, for it to work well (optimal utilization of the multiple links), you may need to adjust the load balancing algorithm being used; i.e. whether it's "best" for your traffic.

BTW, if your searching for Cisco documentation, the term "MEC" might help a little.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card