cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DDNS on ASA 5505

hello again guys,

long time no see :))) 

this time I have a new problem, the DDNS problem, to explain, 

I have a ddns name from my ISP myname.go.ro, and I want to use this ddns to access the asa, sw L3, some pcs from my virtula hypervisor and I can't find some info how to do it, as hardware I have a ASA 5505 and a sw c3550-48

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DDNS process automatically keeps checking with to see any new IP, if not it will have old IP. if new ip it update the IP address.

make port forwording

you need to use an outside interface for NAT

Look at the example :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/network-address-translation-nat/118996-config-asa-00.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Follow below thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/enable-ddns-on-outside-interface-of-asa5505/td-p/1117247

if the DDNS working, then you need NAT rules from outside to inside to access Local devices.

you need to use different ports outside.

BB

hey, I have a different setup and problema.

I have an mode from ISP that is only a bridge mode, after ISP mode have the ASA that is a firewall and the gateway, on the ASA, the port ethernet 0 that is connected with a pppoe account and receive the ip from isp (via dhcp) and from want I see none are using pppoe or dhcp from ISP,

hope I'm wrong

as a example of my vlan that is use for outside

interface Vlan7
description This is the outside / ISP side
nameif outside
security-level 0
ddns update hostname mydomain.go.ro
ddns update b2kDDNS
pppoe client vpdn group ISP-CON
ip address pppoe setroute

with this config are you able to get a Public IP address from ISP?

BB

yes, I have the vpdn group ISP-CON where I specify the PPPoE account and is working, also the ddns I opted from my ISP website and is functional ping my ddns respond, the only problem is how to config the ASA to update my ddns auto and make port forwording

DDNS process automatically keeps checking with to see any new IP, if not it will have old IP. if new ip it update the IP address.

make port forwording

you need to use an outside interface for NAT

Look at the example :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/network-address-translation-nat/118996-config-asa-00.html

BB

thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: