cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dear Experts-Any webpage where from I can practice pictorial questions on number of broadcast and collision domain?

ashish7aditya
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts-Any webpage where from I can practice pictorial questions on number of broadcast and collision domain?

3 Replies 3

Nick Cutting
Level 1
Level 1

This for your CCNA?

collision domains are physical, single ports on a switch, all hosts on a hub etc 

broadcast domains are logical, and span as far as the vlan goes. this includes access ports and trunk ports. (if the vlan is allowed on the trunk)

Thanks Nick but I am looking for some practice questionnaires (like as they are asked in CCNA exams that how many CD & BD are there in given photo).

I would watch the videos on you tube on this, I think there are loads.

Out in the field it is only when you walk into a comms room that hasn't been touched in 10 - 15 years, that any of this actually matters (and see a heap of late 90's devices on hubs) .  

Broadcast domains are far more important in the real world, getting your head around the fact that a gateway may be 2 switches away etc.  It is this kind of thinking / learning that is required to draw decent network diagrams.  Average network engineers mix physical and logical diagrams, you should always draw both - no matter how simple the network is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card