cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debugs to see power negotiation

ankugarg
Level 3
Level 3

Can someone let me know the debugs which can be used to see cdp and lldp power negotiation of cisco poe switches with phones etc.I have some phones which take abt 15w with one switch,and same phone takes abt 7w with another switch.Just want to see the debugs why the power negotiation is not happening...thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I can't answer that, but how about this: Troubleshooting Power over Ethernet (PoE)

There's a section called Debug and PoE.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I can't answer that, but how about this: Troubleshooting Power over Ethernet (PoE)

There's a section called Debug and PoE.

Hey,thanks for prompt reply...I was looking for debug ilpower.

I was looking for debug ilpower.

So I didn't answer your query? 

Well,i got only from the document you referred

Ok.  There are some stuff there about "debug ilpower".

As you can see, this document is fairly outdated.  Maybe you can create a document bug and include TDR in it?

Well,documentation team will take care of only those documentation bugs which are in the config guide..Let me send a mail to Documentation team of 3k series to make one similar document for 3750 X(which has additional poe capabilites),and include tdr in it..Chances of getting to conclusion are pretty less,but lets try.

Or let me ask them if i can write one myself,if they can publish that after review.

and include tdr in it..Chances of getting to conclusion are pretty less,but lets try.

Or let me ask them if i can write one myself,if they can publish that after review.

COOL!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have some phones which take abt 15w with one switch,and same phone takes abt 7w with another switch

What models are these two switches?

These are 3750 X ..This is just the test setup...Many other things can go wrong even without a wrong in switch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card