Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Nexus 6000 Login

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi all,

Just a quick one, what's the default login for Nexus 6000 switch? I tried all default Cisco user/pw but failed. Google search points me to white papers.

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Not sure but try :

admin

cisco

HTH

hi reza,

i know i tried that earlier.

i tried that combo again but no luck.

User Access Verification
 login: admin
Password:
Login incorrect

Nexus 6000 Switch
login:

admin/admin

admin/cisco

admin/Nuova123

cisco/cisco

2) If the above passwords doenst work then you only left with doing the password recovery.

HTH

hi,

i tried all combo except for admin/Nuova123. anyways, our core engineer already configured it.

The switch has the network administrator as a default user (admin). You cannot change the default user at any time.
There is no default password so you must explicitly configure a strong password. If a password is trivial (short,easy-to-decipher), your password configuration is rejected. Be sure to configure a strong password. If you
configure and subsequently forget this new password, you have the option to recover this password.
If you enter the write erase command and reload the switch, you must reconfigure the default user (admin)
password using the setup procedure.
This section describes how to initially configure the switch.
Press Ctrl-C at any prompt to skip the remaining configuration options and proceed with what you have
configured up to that point. However, entering the new password for the administrator is a requirement
and cannot be skipped.

The Cisco NX-OS software provides a default initialization string that you can download for connecting with the modem. The default initialization string is ATE0Q1&D2&C1S0=1\015.
Before You Begin
SUMMARY STEPS
1.    configure terminal
2.    Enter one of the following commands:
3.    modem init-string default
4.    exit
5.    (Optional) show line
6.    (Optional) copy running-config startup-config

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card