cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination host unreachable. Request timed out.

EmiraS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm student and I have couple of issue. Doing the ping from PC4 to PC2 says destination host unreachable.  Also I did #ip route and #clock rate for every network and interface and it still says "request timed out". If you can answer too, is it okay to connected Router0 to PC1 like this. Thank You so much! Sorry for my bad English. 

Here is my project: https://ufile.io/8phkhvix

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

there is no router between PC2 and PC4. From which IP address to which IP address are you trying to ping ?

Also, what instructions are you following ? You are using static routes, which is tedious at least.

View solution in original post

Hello,

attached the revised file with end to end connectivity (saved in Packet Tracer version 8.1). There were a few issues:

--> missing or wrong static routes

--> missing Vlans on Vlan 5 and Vlan 10 switches

--> missing subinterfaces for Vlan 5 and Vlan 10 on Router 1

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

johan.merello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, do you start to create VLAN on the router1 , search on youtube channel   "vlan cisco", and for the question to connect pc with router not is commun to do that, but is incorrect to connect switch - pc - router  

I will look at that on yt, thank you.

Relation switch - pc - router is given us for exam so that’s why I practiced like that... You can see..

ah ok, but maybe is a mistake, the correct order is router - switch - pc, or maybe you have to put in correctly orden and is part of evaluation of practice.

Hi,

destination host unreachable message occurs when network not available in routing table. check your routing tables.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hello,

there is no router between PC2 and PC4. From which IP address to which IP address are you trying to ping ?

Also, what instructions are you following ? You are using static routes, which is tedious at least.

Hello,

attached the revised file with end to end connectivity (saved in Packet Tracer version 8.1). There were a few issues:

--> missing or wrong static routes

--> missing Vlans on Vlan 5 and Vlan 10 switches

--> missing subinterfaces for Vlan 5 and Vlan 10 on Router 1

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card