cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination Host Unreachable

beginner1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a beginner in networking and Cisco packet tracer.

I'm currently working on a wireless LAN configuration network(.pkt file attached below.)

I've done the basic configurations.

When I ping PC2 from PC0/PC1, the message- "Destination host unreachable" appears.

What am I missing out?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @beginner1,

That device, being a border router, has the NAT configured by default, so from external networks (supposedly from the internet) you will not be able to access the devices of a private network.

Unfortunately, PacketTracer has limited settings for that device, so you can not change those settings.

Regards

View solution in original post

Hi @beginner1,

As @luis_cordova said, that router has a NAT preconfigure, I've tried to disable it but I couldn't, Instead of that, use an Access Point to access to your wireless devices.

I've donde the configuration on your file that I attached, PC2 has a static IP but if you want from DHCP, you can configure it in the switch.

Regards,

Regards,

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hulk8647
Level 1
Level 1

You're not doing anything wrong. Looks like it a bug within Packet tracer. If you place PC on vlan 88, it works just fine. It's a bug with the wifi device they're using.

What is the solution then? please help me. I need to execute this in my college exam. 

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @beginner1,

That device, being a border router, has the NAT configured by default, so from external networks (supposedly from the internet) you will not be able to access the devices of a private network.

Unfortunately, PacketTracer has limited settings for that device, so you can not change those settings.

Regards

Can you please provide me with an alternate solution? 

Hi @Beginner,

Can you change the topology? If so, replace the wireless router with an accesspoint. Then, you will not have the separation of networks with Nat that the wireless router does.

Regards

Okay. Will try that. Thank you.

Hi @beginner1,

As @luis_cordova said, that router has a NAT preconfigure, I've tried to disable it but I couldn't, Instead of that, use an Access Point to access to your wireless devices.

I've donde the configuration on your file that I attached, PC2 has a static IP but if you want from DHCP, you can configure it in the switch.

Regards,

Regards,

Thank you.

Hello,

are you talking about any Class A and B address (as in the link below), or private space addressing (10.0.0.0/8 and 172.16.0.0/12) ?

http://www.vlsm-calc.net/ipclasses.php

Hello,

I'm referring to use of any Class A and B address as given in the link.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the Private address space for reference : (RFC1918)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card