cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Detect Micron Memory in Cisco Switches (known memory fail issue)

r.cattermole
Level 1
Level 1

I've got around 60 Cisco 2960 / 3750 switches which are within the date ranges for the known memory issues.   I have had one fail today (ie total fail on boot up - no RAM) made in 2009 and found the RAM inside is made by Micron...  chip ...46v32m16...  

Does anyone have a script or 'show command' that I can run (show tech-support did not help) on all the switches to see which have Micron memory installed and as such I would wish to swap all the Micron RAM devices out, presuming Cico used multiple vendors at the time....

Roger

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know of any such command - and don't know how the switch could determine from software the manufacturer of RAM chips installed.  I don't think this can be electrically extracted from the devices.

Hi,

If failure occurs you can contact TAC and normal support process will follow.  I do not think there is any commands available on the box to check this.

Thanks,
Madhu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card