Views
Helpful
Replies

Device can not connect to the server.

yamen_mehdizade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dear friends.

I have Kiosk Device thats connect to the server with 18888 or 18080 port . This device must open given tempmlate.

So , device can open template from Server A but cant open template from server B . Server A and B are same subnet. Between Device and Servers have same access. What can be reason this?

Please help me.

18 Replies 18

Hi

Is there any ACL or firewall or Vlan ACL between this devices? it looks like something is blocking the access between device and server B. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

devices themselves may have local software firewalls configured too , if they do I would turn them off to as a test , I cant even ftp to a local device when my software firewall is on on my work pc its that locked down

The firewall not configurable in the this device. 

Yes have ACL,  firewall and Vlan ACL.

So , I give same IP to computer and then link is opening . But device cannot open. Can blocking according  mac address? 

Yes, there are ways to block by mac address, but have you using any MAC ACL on your network environment?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

But i can connect to device from server B and can ping. But device cannot connect to server B with this link  http://10.0.22.22:18080/touchScreen?unitId=QAZ:Intro17

do you have any topology or can you verify the packet flow from the device to the Server A and B and compare it? it could be made using a traceroute. 

I cant traceroute from device to Server B or Server A . Because I cannot access to device with telnet or ssh. Only have acces from browser. 

ohh ok, I think a topology could be useful, or can you connect a laptop with the same IP settings instead the device and make a tracert?

I already did this, i gave same ip to lapptop.  But anythik is working same ip configurations.

I also changed device ip address and gave ip from same subnet.  And again device cannot connect to server B but can connect to server A. 

thanks, Could you please make a tracert from the laptop to server A and B?

tracert -d <IP of server A and the same for B>

Now i cannot do this. Because this is in the banking sector. 

So, What can give us this?

oh I understand, you should verify the hops and check if there are ACLs blocking the not authorized access, For this kind of environment Im pretty sure an ACL or firewall is not allowing you reach the Server B just A.

You need to verify the path used to reach the server B from the device and discard any filtering method.  

Thanks very much . I vill do those and after from this i will write in there. 

Again, thanks very very much. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card