Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices are not responding connected to switch WS-C3750X-48

Hi,

In My Network we are using switch WS-C3750X-48 as a network management switch . where all the devices are connected only for management purpose which includes(routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers).

Here im facing strange issue that only load balancers(multiple) are not reachable/pingable , even though the ports are showing up and i dont see any errors on the ports everything looks good.

we are using Brocade ADx4000 load balancer

i logged into the load balanacer via console, i dont see any issue on the management port, i checked with vendor brocade even they also couldnt find any issue , we done packet capture on the load balancers they informed that LB is sending broadcast packet  but switch is not responding back..

i checked with cisco also regarding this they asked us to upgrade the IOS from C3750e-universalk9npe-mz.122-55.SE3 to C3750e-universalk9npe-mz.122-55.SE5 as they are seeing some bug.

i done the IOS upgrade on the switch but still iam getting the same issue .. as a temporary workaround , i need to do manually bounce the port to make it work.

Please help me in fixing this issue .. your help will be much appreciate..

5 Replies 5

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

could you post your switch config.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Attached the configuration ,

Load balancers are connected on port Gi1/0/35-39

Hi,

how often is the problem happening ? Can you provide the output of the brodcast frames from the LB?

Since when have you got the problem , was the switchport block multicast was already there before when it was working ?

Regards.

Alain

1)                    We are facing this issue max of span of 2 weeks..., 2)   we noticed the issue last 3 months of time.. 3) yes switch port block multicast was configured before when its wokring..

I attached the capture which we took on LB...

Hi,

I don't see any ARP  requests for the vlan interface from load balancer in first capture.

so unless it is doing proxy-arp it will not respond to such requests, i'm gonna take a look at other captures.

Regards.

Alain

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card