cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

devices not able to connect to network

HUGH LANCASTER
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 3750 swtiches. Core switch has ip routing enabled.

I have a couple of sorenson VRS devices that cannot connect to the network. At first I thought it was a dhcp issue. I gave it a static IP address and still no go. Thinking it was port security issue, I disabled port security on the switch completed a shutdown interface and no shutdown command. Still no go. From the same port, I can connect a laptop and a ip address is assigned. No issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

34 Replies 34

Thanks for posting the config. There is a lot here to look through and my initial look at it seems pretty normal. I do have a small problem. You describe the connection like this

Interface VP is connect to is  on 10.100.0.5 >>>fa/0/25

But there are 5 interfaces on that switch whose addresses have 0/25 (1/0/25, 2/0/25, 3/0/25, 4/0/25, 5/0/25) and they are not all configured the same. So which one is the one I need to look at?

But looking through the configs does give me one idea. Is it possible that there is a problem with port security or a spanning tree bpduguard issue? Can you check the state of the port where the VRS is connected for any possible issue like that?

HTH

Rick 

HTH

Rick

Fa5/0/28 is the port we are testing on

Not seeing any issues with BPDUguard

The first step in this process, I removed port security and rebooted the switch but it did not help.

Let me test.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card