cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

devices not able to connect to network

HUGH LANCASTER
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 3750 swtiches. Core switch has ip routing enabled.

I have a couple of sorenson VRS devices that cannot connect to the network. At first I thought it was a dhcp issue. I gave it a static IP address and still no go. Thinking it was port security issue, I disabled port security on the switch completed a shutdown interface and no shutdown command. Still no go. From the same port, I can connect a laptop and a ip address is assigned. No issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

34 Replies 34

Thanks for posting the config. There is a lot here to look through and my initial look at it seems pretty normal. I do have a small problem. You describe the connection like this

Interface VP is connect to is  on 10.100.0.5 >>>fa/0/25

But there are 5 interfaces on that switch whose addresses have 0/25 (1/0/25, 2/0/25, 3/0/25, 4/0/25, 5/0/25) and they are not all configured the same. So which one is the one I need to look at?

But looking through the configs does give me one idea. Is it possible that there is a problem with port security or a spanning tree bpduguard issue? Can you check the state of the port where the VRS is connected for any possible issue like that?

HTH

Rick 

HTH

Rick

Fa5/0/28 is the port we are testing on

Not seeing any issues with BPDUguard

The first step in this process, I removed port security and rebooted the switch but it did not help.

Let me test.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card