Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP in Pkt tracer

Ahmed Malik
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

ok so i have designed a network in packet tracer and what i want to achieve is that i want my PCs to get ips from the dhcp server. The ip configurations are already assigned but i am having trouble when it comes for pcs to get ip from dhcp server. This was an assignment for me and i wasnt able to complete it all.

Please do help me out here ppl. I am attaching the packet tracer file along with it in which u will see the IPs assigned to dhcp server and router interfaces but something is wrong with this network.

Regards,

Ahmed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

gonna send you multiple configs:

1) the dhcp server is the server on the right and it is giving out IP on the 192.168.2.0/25 subnet (dhcp-relay.pkt)

2) the dhcp server is the router and it is doing the same thing as above ( dhcp-server.pkt)

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Why have a dhcp server with 192.168.1.2 on the right and also the router as dhcp server?

you can get rid of some things on the router like the NAT on the interfaces and the rip process:

no router rip

int f0/0

no ip nat out

int f1/0

no ip nat in

Now for DHCP you must have a pool which is in same subnet as the router f0/0 so 192.168.2.0/25 for your PCs

And you can get rid of the other pools.

Regards.

Alain.

hi, alain can u send me the pkt tracer file with the updated configuration? that will be much appreciated.

thanks,

Regards

Ahmed

Hi,

gonna send you multiple configs:

1) the dhcp server is the server on the right and it is giving out IP on the 192.168.2.0/25 subnet (dhcp-relay.pkt)

2) the dhcp server is the router and it is doing the same thing as above ( dhcp-server.pkt)

Alain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card