cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Server Catalyst 3750

rodrigo-haim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have customer who has as Core Switch one Cisco Catalyst 3750 with the IOS c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.

I know that this image support DHCP Server configuration, but I like to implementate new vlans (approx 15) and I want to know if this switch support 15 DHCP Servers.

Regards

Rodrigo Haim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Wasn't aware that there was a limit on how may dhcp pools you could apply to a 3750 however saying that you may not require 15 dhcp pools - at again that depends in the ip range for each vlan.

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

There is no limit on how many DHCP pools you can create.

But there is technically speaking a limit on your hardware resources.

If you run out on RAM memory or your CPU becomes to high due the amount of DHCP pools then you've reached your 'limit'.

I shouldn't worry that much about it, the DHCP pools won't kill your CPU/RAM.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello

Wasn't aware that there was a limit on how may dhcp pools you could apply to a 3750 however saying that you may not require 15 dhcp pools - at again that depends in the ip range for each vlan.

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

There is no limit on how many DHCP pools you can create.

But there is technically speaking a limit on your hardware resources.

If you run out on RAM memory or your CPU becomes to high due the amount of DHCP pools then you've reached your 'limit'.

I shouldn't worry that much about it, the DHCP pools won't kill your CPU/RAM.

Thank you for both answer, this answers help me.

Regards

Rodrigo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card