Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP snooping on 6509

Hi , I have this scenario :

I want to implement DHCP snooping in one site. Let`say I have a single Cat 6509 switch , that acts as a both Core and Access switch and it`s acting also as a DHCP server.

All the devices in the infrastructure are connected to this switch.

How can I implement DHCP snooping , what are the "trusted" ports ?

Thanks for your help.

18 Replies 18

This sounds interesting , it may be the answer that I`m looking for :

4) if the dhcp server is originating on the switch then no need to applly the trusted command.

Pdriver,

That makes sense. I"m assuming that since if an untrusted port on a switch with DHCP Snooping enabled, and enabled for that specific vlan, has a DHCP Broadcast hit that port, it will forward it out all trusted ports, but in theory, since they're arent really any trusted ports, since the DHCP Server is on the switch itself, then the port would just need to be untrusted.

That makes sense.

So it makes sense when someone else says it just not me

Jon

Hello John ( there a lot of johns / jons on this forum dont you think - )

All ports are untrusted by default when DHCP snoping is enabled as you aware and because dhcp DORA's are not orignating from any of them, there is no need to tust any,

That how I remember from testing Snooping/DAI/IPSG it in the past.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card