Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Snooping- PCs are not taking IP address after enabling DHCP snooping

Ramz PV
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have enabled DHCP snooping in our network. but after enabling the same, User machines are not getting IP address from DHCP server. I have attached the network diagram with all details. kindly assist me to sort out this issue.

6 Replies 6

Hello

Are you trusting also the interfaces towards your dhcp server?
Is DHCP option 82 enabled?

check by:
sh ip dhcp snooping

If this is enabled then try trusting dhcp relay on those interfaces

int x/x
ip dhcp relay information trusted

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Option 82 is enabled. I have configured "ip dhcp snooping trust" on all the trunk interfaces. please note that dhcp snooping is not enabled in the server farm switches where DHCP server is connected.

Regards,

Ramith

Hi,

What IOS version is running on the access switch? Some version of 15.0  have broken dhcp snooping.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Hi John,

IOS Version 12.2(55)SE8 is running in my 3560 access switches.

Regards,

Ramith

Hi all,

I have tried "ip dhcp relay information trusted" and "no ip dhcp snooping information option" and still the PCs are not getting IP address from DHCP server. but as soon as I remove dhcp snooping command from the switch, it started working. please help.

FYI : All the PCs are connected through AVAYA phones and the access interfaces are configured with Access vlan and Voice vlan.

Harrie Hendriks
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Microsoft DHCP server and we are not using option 82.

no ip dhcp snooping information option

Regards Harrie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card