Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Spoofing

zakfleming1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wish to setup DHCP Spoofing on my system. I just have a couple of questions please.

1. Do I need to configure this on every switch on the system? Or just the core Layer 3 switch that hosts the VLANS?

2. Can I put the port trust command on a trunk port? I have my DHCP server as a virtual machine, the VM hosts are connected a few trunk ports on our core.

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Caleb Quiros
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi zakfleming1,

- DHCP Snooping should be configured in all switches/VLANs that will handle DHCP traffic in your network.

- You need to "trust" only ports/uplinks where "DHCP Offer" packets from the DHCP server will come in; ports connected to VM hosts(DHCP clients) should not be trusted.

Hope this helps

Caleb Quiros

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Caleb Quiros
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi zakfleming1,

- DHCP Snooping should be configured in all switches/VLANs that will handle DHCP traffic in your network.

- You need to "trust" only ports/uplinks where "DHCP Offer" packets from the DHCP server will come in; ports connected to VM hosts(DHCP clients) should not be trusted.

Hope this helps

Caleb Quiros

Thanks, sorry for the very late reply. I ended up moving jobs and totally forgot I posted this. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card