cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different power input voltages for switch stack members (120/208)

crescentwire
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We are trying to build some redundancy into a switch stack in one of our closets, but we have two different power input sources to utilize there. One is 120 VAC, and the other is 208 VAC.

What can you tell me about mixing different input voltages on these switch stack members?

For example:

• Switch stack member 1 (master): 120
  • Switch stack member 2: 120
  • Switch stack member 2: 208
  • Switch stack member 2: 120

Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since you are stacking, I am assuming you are using 3750s.  If this is the case have a look at table-14 in this link.

As long as the Input-Voltage Range is between 100 and 240, you should be fine.  Keep in mined that you need different type of plug for each.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733_ps10744_Products_Data_Sheet.html

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since you are stacking, I am assuming you are using 3750s.  If this is the case have a look at table-14 in this link.

As long as the Input-Voltage Range is between 100 and 240, you should be fine.  Keep in mined that you need different type of plug for each.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733_ps10744_Products_Data_Sheet.html

HTH

Hi Reza,

We are using 3750s, but not 3750-X series switches. However, I assume that the power constraints are the same.

Thanks very much for the help.

Hi Mike,

Correct. That should not make any difference, as long as the data sheet supports it.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: